- Staff Awards
The Staff Advisory Council Endowed Scholarship
The Staff Advisory Council is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 academic year through February 26, 2019.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have full-time continuous employment at OSU-Stillwater for at least one year (Hired before February 26, 2018)
- Be enrolled for college credit in a course or courses offered by OSU
- Meet the application deadline (February 26, 2019 at 5 p.m.)
To be considered for a SAC Scholarship, you must submit the following documentation:
- Completed application
- Official transcript for all collegiate academic work
How to Apply
- Download and complete the scholarship application
- Send completed application and official transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline to submit is February 26, 2019 at 5 p.m. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- You will be notified prior to the Fall 2019 semester if you are selected
If you have any questions about the SAC Endowed Scholarship, email email@example.com.
The Staff Advisory Council established this scholarship to assist staff members as they continue their higher education. The funds currently used to provide this financial assistance to staff members are generated by all Faculty and Staff through their participation in various fundraisers conducted by the Staff Council throughout the year. The money raised is combined with additional money from University Administration. Additionally, the Staff Advisory Council has an Endowed OSU Foundation Account which provides funds.
Awards and Selection Process
A special committee of Staff Advisory Council members is formed each year to select staff members as recipients of the scholarship/tuition assistance. Each member of this special committee receives a copy of each applicant’s packet, conducts a review of the materials, and assigns a ranking to each staff members application. There is not one factor, i.e., grades, steady progress toward degree, financial need, salary, etc., used in determining the rank; rather, it is a composite score based on all the important points each committee member decides upon. The committee meets and reaches a majority opinion on which staff members should be offered the scholarship/tuition assistance.
If you have questions on the scholarship application form, the selection process, or how to contribute to the Staff Scholarship/Tuition Assistance Program, contact your Staff Council Representative or Staff Advisory Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.