Member Information and Responsibilities
- Newly elected members are inducted to the Council at the June meeting each year.
- Newly appointed members are inducted to the Council immediately following the vote by the Council.
- All Staff Advisory Council meetings are conducted in accordance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting and Records Acts.
- Council members may appear in photographs or videos taken at Council Meetings or Events. These photos may be used on the Council website, Facebook page, or in other types of official Council communications.
Unless explicitly communicated to the Council Chair, Council members agree to release, defend and hold harmless Oklahoma State University and its agents or employees, including any department distributing the finished product or products in whole or in part, whether on paper or via electronic media, from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the video, including but not limited to any misuse, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, intentionally or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in taking, processing, reduction, or production of the finished product or its distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Attend monthly meetings:
Council members are required to attend monthly meetings of the Council which are held on the second Wednesday of each month, except August. The August meeting is held on the first Wednesday to ease conflicts with the first week of classes.
Attend and participate on assigned standing committee:
- Each Council member will be assigned to one of the standing committees.
- Membership on a committee begins in June and continues for one year.
- Committee members are subject to the call of their respective Chair for meetings. During a very busy committee time you may expect to meet at least monthly to complete a project.
- Council members agree to chair a standing committee if asked by the Council Chair.
Forward constituent concerns to the Council Chair for review and discussion by the Council.
Assist with special functions sponsored by the Council:
- Distinguished Service Awards
- Staff Celebration Day
- Harvest II Food Drive
Attend and participate on special committee(s) when assigned and/or volunteered:
- Serve as a Staff representative on University-wide committees. The Council Chair will request volunteers from the Council and from the staff at-large, as committee seats become available.
- Attend Faculty Council meetings (as assigned by the SAC Chair) and provide a report at the next Staff Advisory Council meeting.